4 Ways to Fix Arrow Keys Not Working in Excel
Is your Excel arrow keys stopped working in Excel? Are you looking for the ways to fix this issue? If your answer is yes, then keep reading this post till the end.
Here, I have summarized 4 workable solutions to fix arrow keys not working in excel. So, without wasting much time, let’s move ahead…….!
How to Fix Arrow Keys Not Working Issue in Excel
Below, I have listed down some of the handful ways to fix arrow keys won’t work in Excel issue. So, you must try all of them:
Way #1: Check If Scroll Lock Key Is Enabled
If your arrow keys are not working in Excel, it may be because the Scroll Lock feature is turned on. Disabling the Scroll Lock feature can help you fix arrow keys don’t work in excel issue.
Here’s how you can do it:
Look for the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard. It’s usually located in the top row, near the Print Screen and Pause keys. If your keyboard has a Scroll Lock key, press it once to turn it off.
After turning off Scroll Lock, try using the arrow keys in Excel again. They should work now.
Way #2: Try Enabling Sticky Keys
The next method you can try to fix arrow keys won’t work issue is – enable the sticky keys. This may sounds weird because the sticky keys aren’t related to the arrow keys directly. But it may help you to fix this issue.
Check out the below steps to know how to enable sticky keys:
- Firstly, you need to go to the Control Panel on your system.
- Click on Ease of Access Center then > Make the keyboard easier to use option.
- At last, go to “make it easier to type” & tick on Turn on Sticky Keys option > OK button.
Way #3: Disable the Excel Add-ins
Sometimes, the arrow keys stopped working in excel due to an issue with Excel add-ins. You can try disabling the add-ins to see if that resolves the issue. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Excel and click on the “File” tab.
- Click on “Options” at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Add-Ins” in the left-hand menu.
- At the bottom of the page, there should be a dropdown menu labeled “Manage“. Select “Excel Add-ins” from the list and click “Go“.
- Uncheck all the add-ins and click “OK“.
- Close and reopen Excel to see if the arrow keys are working properly.
If disabling the add-ins doesn’t solve the issue, you may need to try other troubleshooting step.
Way #4: Exit the Formula Entry Mode
You may face arrow keys not working issue in Excel, if you are in formula entry mode. This means that you are currently editing a formula in a cell, and Excel is interpreting your arrow keys as commands to move within the formula rather than within the worksheet.
To fix this issue, you simply need to exit formula entry mode. Here are the steps to do this:
- Finish editing the formula: Complete editing the formula by typing the closing parenthesis or pressing the Enter key.
- Press the Esc key: This will exit formula entry mode and return you to normal mode.
- Test the arrow keys: Once you’ve exited formula entry mode, test your arrow keys again to see if they are working properly. They should now be able to move the cell cursor within the worksheet.
Time To Sum Up
While working in Excel, arrow keys helps you to move from one cell to another within a single click. When the arrow keys stopped working in excel, it quite frustrating situation. But you don’t have to worry about.
In this post, I have provided 4 helpful ways to fix arrow keys not working in excel. If you are facing this problem then keep trying the aforementioned methods.
All the solutions are very easy & effective and will surely help you to fix this issue in hassle free manner.