World Cup Betting with Betsafe: An Experience to Remember
The reason is simple. The world is currently suffering from FIFA World Cup fever. It’s a phenomenon that blesses us every 4 years. It is also the time when the number of bettors goes through the roof all over the world. Many seasonal football fans also become seasonal bettors during this time.
If you’re one of them, you must choose a reliable platform. It’s safe to assume that you’re not 100% aware of how to navigate the rough waters of the online gambling industry. In such a case, you can put your faith in Betsafe. Why do you ask? You’ll need to read the Betsafe sportsbook review to know that.
We’ve gathered here for a different reason today. We want you to know about the overall betting aspect of the FIFA World Cup. It only makes sense to use Betsafe as an example. In this Happn feature, we will go through the World Cup section on Betsafe, from top to bottom.
Happn: World Cup Betting with Betsafe
Betsafe accepts players from all over the world. Unless your country’s government explicitly prohibits online sports betting, chances are you can sign up for a Betsafe account. Although you don’t need an account to explore the sportsbook, we recommend registering first.
If you’re unsure how registration works in an online bookmaker, we’ll include a section at the end of this post. For now, let’s get to the exploration.
First up, navigate to the Betsafe website. You’ll find the leading men in the website’s top section. It’s also the primary navigation bar on the website to jump from one branch to another. The very first entry on this menu is “Sportsbook”. Click here.
The new page that loads will come with hundreds of in-play events in the middle of the page—no need to get confused just yet. Look right over all of these events and locate “World Cup”. It should be the first entry on a sub-menu. You can’t miss it, thanks to the symbol of the World Cup trophy. Click on it.
The FIFA World Cup 2022 markets are separated into 3 different categories. They are:
- In-Play & Upcoming
- Groups & Final Stages
Let’s take a brief look at what each of these sections entails.
In-Play & Upcoming
If you’re familiar with the global craze of the FIFA World Cup, you know why this is the first section Betsafe has decided to include in its World Cup section. In-play betting is a fancy way of saying live betting. Live betting allows you to place bets on a match when it’s live.
All of the ongoing and upcoming matches are listed under this tab. At the very top of this section, you’ll find the matches scheduled for the day you visit the website. Below will be the matches for the next day, labelled “Tomorrow”. You can expect to find 3-4 match days in advance. The markets and odds for the upcoming match are all pre-match and not live.
Groups & Final Stages
It is where all the matches are listed based on the Groups. If you didn’t know, the World Cup has 8 groups with 4 members each, making up the 32 total teams in the tournament. Only 2 teams from each group make it to the Round of 16.
It means which teams belong to what groups can impact the knockout lineup. The matches in this section of the Betsafe website are somewhat random. And it will become even more randomized as more games occur.
It simply means you can sort the matches based on the availability of the markets. You get a dropdown menu labeled “Select Market” for both the previous and this tab. The entries in the dropdown menu include Match Winner, Match Goals, 3-way Handicap, Both Teams to Score, Double Chance, Halftime Result, and Number of Goals – 1st Half.
It is where almost all the actions happen. At least for the seasonal bettors. If you’re one of them, you should also start from here. At the time of writing this post, there are 32 different outright markets!
The fact that there are 32 areas where Betsafe can offer outright markets is a remarkable feature on its own! The number may not look very overwhelming, but it is. Outright markets only include the potential final winners of the tournament.
Let’s try to explain a few markets from this section on Betsafe so that you have a good idea of what you’re looking at.
- Winner: This is as outright as things get. You’re essentially looking at odds for the potential winner of the tournament. If you have a team in mind that you believe can win, you can place the bet at the offered odds. Keep in mind that the odds for this section will keep changing as more matches occur.
- Best of South America: It’s not surprising that South American teams dominate the FIFA World Cup. Primarily Brazil and Argentina. The idea behind this market is that you predict which South American team will become the most successful. The only contenders left are Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay at the time of writing. Similar markets like “Best of Africa” and “Best of Europe” are also available on this page.
- Origin of Winner: The groups offer the odds for this market. In simple words, you predict which of the 8 groups will produce the winner of the FIFA World Cup 2022. It makes sense because Brazil’s current favorite team is in this group. Group G is currently the top contender.
- First-Time Winner: The odds are only available, yes or no, in this market. It means you either believe in a new winner or you don’t. No seems to be the favorite so far.
- Group “X” Not to Qualify: The beauty of sports betting is that you don’t necessarily have to favor the positive outcomes. Adverse outcomes like not qualifying for the Round of 16 are a good market. Betsafe offers odds for teams that are most unlikely to qualify.
- Top Goalscorer from Premier League/Ligue 1: Instead of the teams, the markets are offered on players from Premier League and Ligue 1. These are 2 of the world’s most significant club football leagues, and it’s very possible that the top goalscorer belongs to one of the clubs from these leagues.
How to Sign Up for Betsafe?
As promised, we’ll share the registration process at the Betsafe in question with you. Get your IDs ready because you’ll need them down the line.
- Visit the Betsafe website and locate the green “Create Account” button in the top right corner.
- Clicking the button will redirect you to the registration form.
- Enter your email address, password (first time), first name, last name, complete address, country, currency, phone number, date of birth, and gender.
- You can also set the deposit limit for your account as part of the responsible gambling practice at this stage.
- Agree that you’ve read the T&C and click the “Create Account” button.
- Verify your account using copies of your ID, utility bill, and credit card.