Live streaming shopping makes otherwise feelingless online shopping become more engaging as well as experimental while increasing conversations. This piece of content examines the livestream shopping phenomenon, showcasing ways a live-streaming shopping platform can take your e-commerce business to the next level. Keep reading to discover more.
What’s Live Streaming Shopping?
Live streaming involves companies, entrepreneurs, or brands hosting live shopping events online where potential customers can see and learn more about products from the live host and find solutions to their questions.
Also, they can interact with the host before purchasing items directly on the stream. Live-streaming shopping is relatively new in most parts of the world. But it’s already popular in Asian states, and experts consider it the new retail shopping frontier.
How Does Live Streaming Shopping Work?
In livestream shopping events, hosts conduct live video streams for potential consumers, offering two-way engagement with their brands. What steps are involved in live-streaming shopping?
Pick a Livestreaming Shopping Platform
As a host of the live-streaming shopping event, you’ll need to decide which platform you will use. You have two options here: opt for an established live-streaming channel or use a software service that enables you to add a live-stream event to your existing app or website.
The perfect live-streaming shopping platform will depend on the audience you’re trying to reach. Understand your target audience and live stream your event where you can capture most of them.
Choose and Train the Host
After choosing your preferred platform, the next important step is to pick someone to host your event. It can be you or an associate from your store. Be sure to pick someone who’s excellent and comfortable on camera and has plenty of knowledge. Consider working with a minor celebrity or an influencer to host your livestream event.
The perfect host won’t only help create credibility and excitement among your audiences but can also enable you to expand your reach, including the followers of the influencer. After making your decision, prepare your hosts. Help them to learn about your product, technology and offer some tips and tricks.
Set Up for Your Livestream
Set up your livestream event since you already have everything you need. Typically, setting up includes:
- Creating a set
- Choosing products to show
- Writing rough scripts
- Setting up your equipment
4 Ways Livestream Shopping is Taking E-Commerce to the Next Level
Live streaming shopping can minimize common obstacles to purchasing that other experiences just can’t deliver. These four ways include:
- Thinking beyond beauty and fashion: Beauty brands and fashion retailers were the early adopters of live-streaming shopping. But now, there is a lot of opportunity for home improvement, grocery, furniture, and more.
- Choose the right platform: Decentralizing an e-commerce experience away from your own retail platform can be less appealing in the long run. So, be sure to choose your platform wisely.
- Make the most out of livestream content: As a retailer, consider how to utilize your content in smaller segments through social media or other channels.
- Assess outcomes: Conversion is the end goal. But, you can assess a wider set of outcomes from your live-streaming shopping efforts, including overall engagement and customer data.
Livestreaming experiences are compelling since they bring the brick-and-mortar store closer to potential customers in a way that feels human and engaging. The experiences support an array of potential buyers who might be unable to visit your store physically or those who prefer to shop online from the comfort of their homes, providing better access for everyone.