Tea has been relied on as a healthy and refreshing drink as well as a source of vitamins that people can consume at any time, with a wide range of great properties. Cold infusion tea is a more advanced version since the composition of the tea is, in most cases, extracted from the plant’s most beneficial parts. In this article, you’ll find reasons why cold infusion tea is great for your wellbeing. Keep reading to discover more.
What is Cold Infusion Tea?
Also known as infused tea, cold infusion tea involves steeping tea in cold water. Since it uses shorter steeping times and lower temperatures, cold-steeped tea is typically less bitter compared to its hot-steeped counterpart. Cold infusion tea has a refreshing, relatively fruity taste with refined hints of herbs and fruits.
Unlike the hot or warm alternatives that most people know and love, you can enjoy cold infusion tea after storing it in the fridge to chill properly or at room temperature. This is the point where it offers the first benefit.
Why Opt for Cold Infusion Tea?
Numerous scientific studies have proven that when people consume cold beverages, whether from a trusted provider or made from cold tap water, their bodies react differently when they drink hot beverages. So where does this temperature originate from? It narrows down to the way in which the body processes different temperatures.
Consuming cold infusion tea will not just activate your metabolism into requiring you to store the body’s temperature. It can also activate it to burn excess calories to achieve that. This is one of the proven ways cold beverages can help people lose excess weight.
Is this the only benefit? No, here are several of them.
- Increase Hydration: Cold infusion tea helps increase levels of hydration. The cold water rehydrates the tea leaves, infusing them with more nutrients from your recipe’s ingredients.
- Promotes Digestion: Cold infusion tea promotes digestion. It contains nutrients and antioxidants, which are helpful in terms of reducing inflammation. As the inflammation reduces, your body is able to break down food and absorb enough nutrients it requires to function normally.
- Helps Remove Toxins: Cold-infused tea includes enough antioxidants and several important nutrients that can enable your body to remove toxins. Also, cold infusion tea helps minimise inflammation – a common cause of different health issues, including migraines and arthritis.
- Low in Calories: Cold-infused tea contains fewer calories than its warm and hot counterparts. The low temperatures used to infuse the tea don’t lead to oxidation, which can increase levels of calories.
- Boost Immunity: Cold-infused tea can aid digestion and enhance your immune system. Also, they help fight against any free radicals that can lead to heart disease, cancer and several other health problems.
Cold infusion tea is the best option whether you’re looking for the health benefits discussed above or something perfect to beat the heat. While it adds something unique to your day and boosts your overall wellbeing, it helps you feel more refreshed, especially when you include the best tea-aroma cold beverages in your recipe.